The manufacturing process involves the mixing of raw rubber with special chemicals and plasticizer to achieve the stringent specifications required for the protection of metals from abrasion or corrosion.
The mixing process is conducted in environmentally friendly conditions.
Sheets are manufactured either in the Calendared process or the Extruded process in a standard thickness range of 1 mm – 10 mm.
LeBracs Rubber is the only company in India with a state of the art Extruder machine, for the manufacturing of rubber sheets.
Continuous R&D has ensured thatLeBracs Rubber meets all International standards.
RUBBER SHEET APPLICATION
The facilities in the factory are geared to meet the rubber lining of large tanks, vessels and Pipes & fittings.
The process of rubber lining is briefly:
- SURFACE INSPECTION: The surface to be rubber lined is carefully inspected to ensure that there are no visual defects which will affect the lining process.
- SHOT BLASTING: Any rust or foreign material adhered to the surface is removed through blasting.
- ADHESIVE APPLICATION: Special adhesive is applied to the surface after blasting.
- RUBBER SHEET APPLICATION: A raw rubber sheet of the designed thickness is applied to the surface through a technical process requiring a high level of skill to ensure no air is trapped between the adhesive surface and the rubber sheet surface.
- VULCANIZATION: The lined surface is heated or baked inside an autoclave for the prescribed time.
- INSPECTION: The inspection process includes spark testing of the entire rubber sheet surface to ensure that the lining is uniform. Further tests like hardness, thickness, etc. are carried out.